Thank you for your interest in Roy and Dora Whitman Academy.
Follow this link to sign your children up for the 2017-2018 school year:
NOTE: No applications will be processed until the application fee at the bottom of this page is paid.
Online applications closed March 1st for the April 1st decision process. If you know anyone who wishes to apply or if one of your children will be new to R&DWA next year, please make sure you were aware of the deadline.
Please alert the office if you run into any difficulties so we can attend to them immediately.
If you have questions or would like to visit the academy, please call 06-552-5094.
For general information, please email email@example.com.
We will reply to your email within two business days (Monday-Thursday and Saturday from 7:30-3:30)
WHITMAN ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- All students must hold a non-Jordanian passport.
- Only students whose parents agree to and sign the Statement of Evangelical Faith and the Parent Admission Agreement Form will be accepted.
- Students and parents must agree to and sign the Student Behavior Contract annually.
- The school will attempt to allow the admission of all children from sending agencies who meet the criteria set forth in School Board policy.
- New student applications shall be admitted on a space available basis.
- Returning students will have first priority for all spaces. This will include students returning from a period of home leave.
- Siblings of returning students agencies will have second priority.
- New students from sending agencies have third priority.
- Finally, siblings of students from non-sending agencies and new students from non-sending agencies will be admitted if space is still available.
- Every child must be at least six years old by December 31st to be eligible for first grade that year.
- New students must meet appropriate standards for fluency in English, the language of instruction at Whitman Academy.
- Non-native English speakers in grades 2-12 will be asked to take the ELL exam to determine academic language proficiency and/or to help us make decisions about course levels to which he/she will be admitted.
Whitman Academy does accept children with learning challenges but is not equipped or staffed, at this time, to accommodate students with severe learning or physical disabilities or to teach beginning ELL (English Language Learner) students who are in the upper elementary and secondary levels. Before an enrollment decision is made:
- ELL students will be tested to determine their level of English proficiency.
- A student who has been diagnosed with or suffers from a learning disability will be evaluated to assess whether we have the capability to meet his/her special needs.
Important Dates for 2017-2018 academic year
Monday, July 31st, 2017 – First day for office staff
Monday, August 7th, 2017 – New teaching staff (and leadership team) reports for new teacher orientation; Note: Staff handbook states, “New staff should arrive a minimum of 10 days before this date.”
Sunday, August 13th, 2017 – Current teaching staff reports for 2-day orientation
Saturday, August 19th, 2017 – First day of school
Friday, December 22nd, 2017 – Sunday, January 7th, 2018 – Christmas break
March 9-18 – Spring break
April 6-9 – Easter break
Thursday, May 31st, 2018 – Last day of school
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 – Last day for teaching staff
Thursday, June 14th, 2018 – Last day for leadership team
Saturday, June 30th, 2018 – Last day for office staff